Head tucked under the pillow, heartbeats racing and sweat beads on the forehead.

Head tucked under the pillow, heartbeats racing and sweat beads on the forehead. It was 2 AM in the morning as I lay shivering on my bed, frightened of the nightmare I had. I hugged my pillow hard and tears seeped out of my eyes. I wept my heart out. Alone in my room, enveloped in complete darkness I let myself out to my demons. The turbulence in my mind increased manifolds when I found that I was all alone amidst this entire crowd of humans around me, and this fact made my gloominess more pronounced. Realizing that I don't have anyone near me, to hug me tight, I cried a few more tears.
Ah loneliness..!! You're the most heart breaking thing, I thought. Weeping bitterly as I turned on my bed I found my diary lying beside me. My nerves calmed down at the very instant, soothing every nook and corner of my soul. I grabbed my diary and placed my head over it, as if it would take me away from all the turmoil in my mind and will wipe away the memories of that fearsome nightmare. And it did, as I fell asleep comfortably placing my head over it, aware of the fact that it will never leave me alone..!!! 












2 comments:

  1. There are times
    In all of our lives
    When we feel as though
    No one truly knows us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Message of the Day:
    Conquer your Goals :
    Rest assured, my dearest love,
    Only you have the key to my heart.
    No one can take that from you.
    An everlasting devotion to you I hold,
    Never fading away.
    Your body, your mind, heart and soul,
    All combined, set a goal
    To start today; no better time
    If you really want this
    You need to strive. Work for your goals,
    Work as hard as you can
    Staying focused, you need a plan

    You're pushed to your limits;
    That's what you think. You can reach it,
    You just need to believe.
    Believe in yourself, have some faith,
    I know it's not easy
    Make no mistake, comes from within
    This new strength you shall find,
    Conquer your goals, body and mind.
    By Aliza Kashmala Kiran

    ReplyDelete

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker