Man dies after e-cigarette explodes

London: A man has died after his e-cigarette exploded and ignited oxygen equipment in his home.
The 62-year-old, who is understood to have suffered a chest complaint, was found dead in the living room of his flat in Wallasey, Merseyside.
Whilst the exact cause of death is yet to be established, investigators found that an e-cigarette that had been charging in the bedroom had exploded, caught fire and ignited the oxygen tube of an oxygen concentrator.

There was a small amount of smoke damage to the flat, although the small fire in the bedroom had been extinguished by the time firemen arrived.