Dubai nightclub apologise to disabled man over claims he was kicked out

club
Music fan Steyn claims staff at Cavalli Club (pictured) told him he was ‘unsafe’
Dubai’s famous Cavalli club has apologised to a man with special needs who says he was kicked out of the nightspot.
Hendrik Steyn, 22, was told to leave the Sheikh Zayed Road venue as his disability meant he was not “safe” to be in the club, he said.
The IT technician, from South Africa, was born with cerebral palsy. Steyn said he was told to leave 30 minutes after arriving on Sunday night.
He said he paid Dhs300 to watch his favourite DJs, Markus Schulz and Ferry Corsten, perform.
Steyn said: “While minding my own business and enjoying the music, one of the employees approached me and requested I follow him downstairs.
“I asked the guy what the problem was and he told me that I am not allowed in the club. I asked why and he said that I wasn’t safe in there.
“I told him that I can take care of myself but he spoke to his manager who confirmed that they didn’t allow me in because of my disability.”
Steyn said he felt humiliated as he feels no different to anyone else. He claimed staff were rude and unapologetic when they returned his entry fee and asked him to leave.
“I am really angry and disappointed in this club, because I missed a lifetime opportunity to see some of my favourite DJs live in action, and I feel that I have been unfairly discriminated against because of my disability,” Steyn said.
Cavalli last night apologised to Steyn in a statement provided to 7DAYS. It said: “We are not aware of the specific details of this incident.
At this stage we can only apologise and we will arrange to meet with the concerned person to rectify this situation.
“Cavalli Club is a responsible organisation that welcomes guests adhering to the door policy without any discrimination. Our staff and personnel at the door are trained to ensure the safety and security of all guests to provide an enjoyable experience.”

0 comments:

Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Checker