As always she stood there, in between the garden & smiled looking at me. I danced with the tiny swirls of the wind.

As always she stood there, in between the garden & smiled looking at me. I danced with the tiny swirls of the wind. I often had these silent conversations with her every evening. She smiled, & I danced. Her elder brother used to accompany her, & she would share every minute detail of her life with him and with me, in between taking turns to appreciate my beauty. She conversed as if we were an eternal part of her life.
Last few weeks were different though.She didn't show up for days.
Finally, today she was back again but alone! A disturbing silence engulfed us. She seemed in deep agony, as if trying to accept something. Something that was written in her fate.
She didn't smile today.



I bloomed this morning with an expectation that she might see me and smile. I succeded partially, a faint smile did cross her lips but her eyes still glittered with tears. I could tell something was consuming her within, I wanted her to let it out. She took me in between her fingers & kissed me. Pearls of anguish rolled down her cheeks & splashed in between my petals. She finally broke the ice amidst us.
"You look so beautiful, but unfortunately this beauty of yours will not last forever. In a day or two, these winds will dry you up. These colourful petals will turn lifeless and then will shed. You will be gone, just like my brother. Cancer snatched him away from me & he took a part of my soul with him." With every word her tears streamed down along me. I could feel the void destiny created in her life.
Now I lie in between the pages of her personal diary. Every night she kisses me and I kiss her scars. She looks at me smiles the same smile with those glittery eyes & I silently bleed her emotions

3 comments: